Each Picture Tells a Story: English resource for 5-8 year olds with photo stories from Vietnam
Similarities and differences
Speaking and listening
MetadataShow full item record
Document typeEducation resource
Inspire and develop your learners' literacy skills using photographs and stories created by children in Vietnam.
As part of an innovative project, children from ethnic minority groups in Vietnam were taught to use cameras and asked to capture events from their daily lives. The result is a fascinating collection of photographs and stories which can be used as a starting point for developing learners' spoken language, reading and writing skills, and visual literacy.
- Discuss, explore and categorise photographs
- Create a text map
- Retell the key elements of a text
- Plan and create photostories about your school and family
- Explore similarities and differences between your photostories and those of children in Vietnam
- Communicate your learning to a wider audience