Go Bananas: Help learners aged 7-11 discover where their food comes from
MetadataShow full item record
Document typeEducation resource
Updated with new facts, photographs and stories, this cross-curricular resource will help learners aged 7-11 to discover where their food comes from.
Learners can gain a vivid insight into the banana supply chain and research the countries where bananas are grown. They will get to grips with Fairtrade and think critically about the enormous impact it can have on the lives of smallholder farmers.
- Use photographs to track the story of a banana
- Investigate the countries where bananas are grown
- Play a simulation game to take on the role of a banana farmer
- Consider the life-changing impact that Fairtrade can have
- Write fruit-themed poetry
- Learn about the life-cycles of plants
- Make a delicious banana cake
Could your learners make it as a banana farmer?