MetadataShow full item record
Document typeEducation resource
This resource for 7-11 year olds helps learners begin to understand the basic principles of global trade.
Starting with everyday items - things from the supermarket - the activities explore where items actually come from and how they reach us. Drawing out links between raw materials and finished items, and helping learners to understand the supply chain, this resource also gets learners thinking about global trade rules and who benefits from them.
- Find out where our food comes from
- Use images to learn how different crops are produced
- Explore the sugar supply chain
- Develop understanding of farmers and farming
- Learn about the basic principles of global trade
- Investigate unfair and unequal trading relationships
Owing to the publication date of this resource, some of the content (including statistics and links) may need updating. See: Global Food Challenge to help learners find out more about global food issues.