Comparing Young Lives: Creative English, maths and geography teaching ideas for ages 8-14
Speaking and listening
MetadataShow full item record
Document typeEducation resource
Use this short resource for 8-14 year olds to gain a snapshot into the lives of children around the world.
Learners can use real data, case studies and photographs to develop empathy and investigate the effects of inequality and poverty on the opportunities of young people. They can then think critically about inequality and hone their skills with specific curriculum-linked sessions.
- Use writing and role play to explore similarities and differences in children's lives
- Locate and describe the geographical features of different countries
- Use photographs to develop questioning skills
- Challenge our preconceptions and assumptions about what places are like
- Explore how well-being can be measured quantitatively
- Interpret, represent and describe data in different ways