Climate Challenge for 7-11 years: Explore the human impact of climate change
Climate change adaptation
MetadataShow full item record
Document typeEducation resource
Our Climate Challenge resources for 7–11 year olds focus on the human impact of climate change: how communities around the world are being affected by climate change and how people are responding and adapting to these challenges.
The activities link to a number of curricular areas including science, English and geography. Explore and develop existing ideas about climate change:
- Carry out a science investigation to develop understanding of the greenhouse effect.
- Identify human causes of climate change.
- Compare carbon footprints.
- Use a consequence web, case studies and role play to develop awareness of the impacts of climate change.
- Play a climate change vulnerability game.
- Investigate how communities are adapting to the effects of climate change.
- Work with others to take action against climate change.
These materials draw on ideas, content and activities from previous Oxfam education resources on climate change. The previous materials have now been archived and removed from the Oxfam education website. Please get in touch if you are looking for a specific Oxfam resource and are no longer able to find it: firstname.lastname@example.org