Bringing Data to Life for 11-14 years: Statistical approaches to real global issues
MetadataShow full item record
Document typeEducation resource
Engage learners and improve maths skills with real-life data collected from research projects in Ethiopia.
Using this exciting resource for 11-14 years, learners can hone their data-handling skills by interpreting charts, plotting data and considering the challenges of data collection. Explore the lives of female smallholders in Ethiopia and investigate whether collective action has a positive impact on women's empowerment.
Also available for 14-16 years.
- Explore the challenges of data collection
- Read and plot a scatter graph
- Consider the importance of sample size when analysing data
- Compare the mean, median and mode
- Use pie and bar charts to analyse the wealth of women
- Effectively represent different types of data
- Interpret qualitative and quantitative data