MetadataShow full item record
Empowerment is a term which is used by organisations as diverse as the World Bank and grassroots community groups.
This book examines the various meanings given to the concept, and the many ways in which power can be expressed, in personal relationships and in wider social interactions. It focuses on two development projects in Honduras, comparing their different approaches and assessing the extent to which the women involved were empowered as a result of their experiences.
Table of contents
- Power and empowerment 3
- Background information on Honduras
- Case study Health Promoters' Training Programme, Urraco
- Case study 2: Programa Educativo de la Mujer, Santa Barbara
- Analysing empowerment: a dynamic view
- Using the model: empowerment, gender, and development
- Glossary of Spanish words used in the text